Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend in Western NC

This past weekend we headed to western NC for my cousin's bridal shower on Saturday. During the shower, all of the guys went hiking at South Mountain State Park. Greg had Brayden in a backpack carrier for the hike, which he said Brayden absolutely loved! He had a big smile on his face and talked the whole time. Brayden also kept patting Greg's head and pulling his ears. I hate I missed it, but I did make Greg take the camera to get a few pictures! Needless to say, he was pretty tired and sore after the big hike. On Sunday, we all went to Wiseman's View in the Linville Gorge to spread my grandmother's ashes. Although Greg and I had a hard time getting there (mapquest directions are not always the best!), we finally made it and thankfully the family waited for us to arrive. It was a beautiful day and an even more beautiful setting for the occasion. My grandfather's ashes were spread in the same spot several years ago, so now my grandmother has joined him there. While we were sharing special memories with one another, a giant hawk flew right over the area. It was really neat for that to happen right at that time, and seemed to fit in perfectly with the moment. Here are a few pictures taken over the weekend.


1 comment:

Grandma said...

You were worth waiting for! I am glad you were there; I know it was a lot of effort, but all of us appreciate it.