Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome Connor!

Last Thursday, we welcomed Connor into the world a little earlier than expected.  I had a c-section scheduled for today, March 7th.  I went to my doctor's for a routine OB appointment, where they discovered my blood pressure was evelated.  I was sent straight over  to the hospital for monitoring, where my blood pressure remained high for a few hours.  While I was hooked up to the machine, they also discovered I was contracting about every 3 minutes, which I didn't even really notice until they said something!!  So based on these factors and that I was already over 37 weeks along, it was decided to go ahead and deliver that day.  Something we were not prepared for when we went to the doctor that morning!  I went back for surgery at 3:30 and Connor was born at 3:56pm, weighing 5lbs 14 ozs.  Throughout my pregnancy, my doctors and the high risk doctors were concerned about his small measurements and the possibility they were a sign of something wrong with the baby or my body's way of giving him the nutrients he needed, but Connor is absolutley perfect...just a little small!
We are head over heels over our newest bundle of joy, especially Brayden.  He was very excited throughout my pregnancy about having a baby brother, and his excitement has continued.  I am so happy about this and surprised at how understanding he seems to be that Connor needs me most of the time, as Brayden is a big mommy's boy.  Brayden loves to help with everything and I appreciate that he does!  Brayden is also excited that Connor gave him a new bike for being such a great big brother.  We gave that to him on Monday and he has talked about it non stop...his rocketship bike.  It is very cute!  He even told us we could take his tricycle back to the store because he doesn't want it anymore...he's a big boy with a rocketship bike now.  : )

Below are a few pictures of Connor's first days in the world.  He looks soooo much like Brayden did as a baby.  We can't wait to get him out of the house and show him off to everyone.

 


3 comments:

Gina said...

great pics. happy that he's here. can't wait to see him again :)

Grandma said...

Such a sweet boy, just like his big brother. Maybe Connor will be Grandmas' boy!

Catherine said...

We loved meeting Connor and can't wait til next weekend to see him again! Brayden is a sweet big brother too. :)